Yes, ExpressVPN work with Apple TV. It takes a little bit of trickery within your ExpressVPN and Apple TV settings, but you can use the service’s MediaStreamer specifically for bypassing geographic content restrictions. Alternatively, set ExpressVPN up on your compatible router.
It is very much common to use a VPN on your Mac,iPad or iPhone and it is very easy to set up aVPN on your Mac,iPad or iPhone with a service like ExpressVPN n these devices.Whereas in Apple Tv,macOS and iOS devices we don’t have direct way to connect to a VPN service.That makes the process a little more tricky,but it is not impossible.
Few Steps are required to set up an ExpressVPN connection within your Apple TV’s Settings app. Instead of simply installing an app and choosing which country to connect it. If there is a compatible router you can install ExpressVPN on that to get benefits of a VPN to all of your connected devices, Apple TV included.
What we will see here ?
What is ExpressVPN?
ExpressVPN is a virtual private network service. Basically VPN used to protect private web traffic from snooping, interference, and censorship.It act as a proxy, allowing you to surf the web anonymously from wherever you want.Also ExpressVPN work with Apple TV
Main features of ExpressVPN are:
- Split tunneling
- Unlimited server switches
- 99.99% uptime
- Kill Switch
- Best-in-class encryption
- All major platforms supported
- No activity logs
- 145+ servers, 94 countries
- OpenVPN, L2TP-IPsec, SSTP, PPTP
- 24/7 customer support
- 30-day money back guarantee
- Unlimited bandwidth
- 3 simultaneous connections
- Zero-knowledge DNS
How to use ExpressVPN on your Apple TV?
To install ExpressVPN on Apple TV, it’s not quite as simple as just downloading an app. ExpressVPN offers a SmartDNS feature for Apple TV (and other streaming hardware) called MediaStreamer. To use it, the first step you need to do is register your IP address at ExpressVPN. Here’s how:
- Sign into the ExpressVPN website and view My Account to view your Dashboard.
- Select the option for DNS Settings.
- Under IP address registration, click Register my IP address. It is also recommended that you toggle Automatically register my IP address on so you don’t have to go through this process each time your IP address changes.
Once you’ve done that, you need to locate your DNS MediaStreamer details.
- Return to your Dashboard and select Set Up Devices from the menu.
- Select Apple TV and your MediaStreamer DNS server IP address will be visible. Note it down as you’ll need this in the next stage.
Now that you have your MediaStreamer details, you can move over to the Apple TV itself to complete the setup.
- On your Apple TV, open the Settings app and navigate to Network > Wi-Fi and select your Wi-Fi connection (or your wired connection if you’re using Ethernet).
- Select Configure DNS and choose Manual.
- Enter the MediaStreamer DNS server IP address you found earlier. If you previously had your DNS settings manually configured, it’s worth making a note of these in case you want to stop using ExpressVPN and go back to your previous settings. If not, you can always reset it to Automatic. Once you have entered your IP address manually, hit Done.
- Restart your Apple TV in order for the changes to take effect.
Why would you use ExpressVPN on your Apple TV?
VPN provides many security and privacy benefits. There are many reason to use VPN. The most popular reason for using a VPN service with Apple TV is to get access to region-restricted content. For example if you want to access media only available in specific countries, such as Studio Ghibli movies on Netflix, or live sporting events not being broadcast where you live, then ExpressVPN can work for you .It is worth noting, though, that this practice goes against the terms and conditions of Netflix and other streaming services.
Also using ExpressVPN on your Apple TV as described above also does not offer you the privacy benefits of using it on your other devices .It simply allows your location to be spoofed to access content from other regions. For full VPN protection for your Apple TV, you need to use ExpressVPN with your Wi-Fi router.
We test and review VPN services in the context of legal recreational uses. For example:
- Accessing a service from another country (subject to the terms and conditions of that service).
- Protecting your online security and strengthening your online privacy when abroad.
Basically,In this we have seen whether ExpressVPN works with Apple TV or not. Conclusively,yes you can use ExpressVPN with Apple TV. ExpressVPN is a virtual private network service. It act as a proxy, allowing you to surf the web anonymously from wherever you want. Also we have seen how to use ExpressVPN on your Apple TV. We have also seen benefits of ExpressVPN.