Batteries are devices users use for both their convenience and portability. They can perform many different functions. Batteries came into play due to the need to store generated electrical energy. A battery is a collection of one or more cells that go under chemical reactions to create the flow of electrons within a circuit. There is a lot of research and advancement going on in battery technology, and as a result, breakthrough technologies are being experienced and used around the world currently. Here we will discuss C Rechargeable batteries. But let us first see what is a battery, its types and in which sizes are batteries available.
Battery cells are usually made up of three main components:
- The Anode (Negative Electrode)
- The Cathode (Positive Electrode)
- The electrolytes
Type of batteries
Batteries generally can be classified into different categories and types, ranging from chemical composition, size, form factor and use cases, but under all of these are two major battery types;
- Primary Batteries
- Secondary Batteries
1. Primary Batteries
Primary batteries are batteries that cannot be recharged once depleted. Also, the Primary batteries are made of electrochemical cells whose electrochemical reaction cannot be reversed.
Types of Primary batteries
- Alkaline batteries.
- Aluminium air batteries.
- Atomic batteries.
- Dry cell.
- Mercury batteries, etc
2. Secondary Batteries
Secondary batteries are batteries with electrochemical cells whose chemical reactions can be reversed by applying a certain voltage to the battery in the reversed direction. Also referred to as rechargeable batteries, secondary cells, unlike primary cells, can be recharged after the energy on the battery has been used up.
Types of Secondary batteries.
- Nickel Cadmium(Ni-Cd)
- Nickel-Metal Hydride(Ni-MH)
|Primary Batteries (Non-Rechargeable)||Secondary Batteries(Rechargeable)|
|Aluminium Air||Nickel Cadmium(Ni-Cd)|
Summary of types of battery
Different sizes of batteries
- 4.5 V battery.
- D cell.
- C cell.
- AA cell.
- AAA cell.
- AAAA cell.
- A23 battery.
- 9V battery.
Moving on further, as we have already discussed batteries and their types and sizes, let us focus on our main topic a C battery.
C battery have two variants:
(1) Alkaline C batteries. (2) Rechargeable C batteries.
In our content here,we will see some top and best C Alkaline batteries.
What is C Alkaline Battery?
C type batteries are the popular size of batteries for medium-drain applications as an example larger size flashlights, radio transmitters, walkie-talkies, and cameras. C Type batteries are also well known as R14 size. This size isn’t as popular as AA or AAA size batteries but can be used for many household and industrial operations. Rechargeable C Type batteries’ nominal voltage is 1.2V. Capacity mainly depends on the chemistry type used within the batteries but most NiMH batteries can be from 2200 up to even 4500 mAh. Batteries can be recharged thousands of times, offering more economic and environmental benefits then disposable batteries.C Type batteries are 50 mm (1.97 in) long cylinders and diameter is 26.2 mm (1.03 in).
What are C Batteries Used for?
C type batteries are the popular size of batteries for medium-drain applications as an example larger size flashlights, radio transmitter, walkie-talkies, and cameras. C Type batteries are also well known as R14 size.
Why Choose Alkaline Over Rechargeable?
One of the advantages of alkaline batteries over other primary batteries and rechargeable batteries is that it has higher energy density. For example, this battery has double the energy density of a Leclanché cell and zinc-carbon batteries. This allows the battery to produce the same energy while lasting longer than other batteries.
Now that you know what you’re looking for in Rechargeable batteries let’s get into it. Here are our favourite best C Rechargeable batteries.
AmazonBasics C Cell Rechargeable Batteries
- 4-pack of C rechargeable batteries 5000 mAh.
- Ideal for lights, radios, tools, and more.
- Long battery life gradual self-discharge maintains 70% capacity for 6 months and 50% capacity for 12 months.
- Comes pre-charged and ready to use.
- It can be recharged 1000 times with minimal power loss.
- Compatible with universal Ni-MH chargers.
- AmazonBasics 1-year limited warranty.
Energizer Rechargeable C Batteries
- 2 pack of Energizer C rechargeable batteries.
- Also, Batteries come pre-charged and ready to go.
- Each battery can be charged up to 1000 times.
- Delivers long-lasting power to devices you love like toys, portable stereos, and torches.
- The World’s 1st rechargeable D battery made with 4% recycled batteries.
- Extended Life Composition ensures up to 5-year usable battery life under typical usage.
EBL C Rechargeable Batteries
- 4 pack of EBL C Rechargeable Batteries.
- Super Capacity 5000 mAh C rechargeable batteries.
- Low self-discharge batteries will remain 75% when you leaving it for no use 1 year.
- It also can be recharged up to 1200 times.
- Ideal for toys, alarm clocks, shavers, audio players, and more.
- Biggest Save, Best product but lowest price and high efficiency.
- It also works with All Chargers.
Duracell Rechargeable C Batteries
- 2 pack of Duracell Rechargeable C 3000 mAh Batteries.
- Duracell Rechargeable C 3000 mAh batteries stay charged for up to 12 months, when not in use.
- It can be recharged up to 100’s of times.
- Also, Batteries come pre-charged, ready to use.
- Use for regularly used devices like a wireless mouse, Toy, and wireless gaming controller.
- Also, it works with any NiMH charger.
BONAI Rechargeable C Batteries
- 4 pack of BONAI NI-MH D rechargeable batteries.
- Batteries can be charged up to 1200 times.
- Also, Batteries come pre-charged and ready to use.
- This batteries suit for common 1.2v product and partial 1.5v product, can not work on rated 1.5v products.
- Ideal for baby toys, remote controls, digital cameras, 2-way radios, torches, alarm-clocks, etc.
- It also works with All Chargers.
Rayovac Rechargeable C Batteries
- Rayovac Rechargeable C Batteries 4x Longer than Alkaline Batteries.
- Can be recharged up to 500 times.
- Batteries Come Charged & Ready To Use.
- Also works with all chargers.
- 5 Year Power Warranty.
- Made in Germany.
- Also, work with any charger.
Thus, in conclusion, Batteries have become an essential part and parcel of our life. Without Electrical gadgets, life wouldn’t survive. The best option for C Rechargeable Battery is AmazonBasics C Rechargeable. You get twelve batteries and it also Maintains 80% capacity for 24 months. Comes pre-charged and ready to use. In addition to that, they can be recharged upto1000 times. One more supremacy added to Amazon Basics, they are recyclable. Therefore, a healthy environment-friendly option out there. Not all batteries sold come with this privilege. Also AmazonBasics 1-year limited warranty. And hence, these are some basic reasons we find Amazon Basics quite an affordable and moderate option on the list.
Any feedback you can give us on this would be greatly appreciated. If we can be of any further assistance, please let us know. If we can be of any further assistance, please let us know. So do like, comment, and share. Best Regards!