Norton, as one of the most well-known antivirus brands, is almost certainly already on your shortlist. Antivirus alone isn’t enough these days, which is why Norton 360 exists: it provides ‘all-round’ protection against far more threats than viruses.
Norton 360 can secure not just your Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android devices, but it can also protect you by scanning the dark web for personal information such as passwords, driver’s license numbers, credit card data, and more. If any are discovered, you’ll be notified so you may take steps to limit any losses or problems that may arise if your identity is stolen.
Norton has been adding and improving features for the past year or so. For example, VPNs are now a stronger competitor to standalone VPN services. Other features, regrettably, are optional and must be purchased separately. Anti-Track is a new subscription that provides effective protection against internet trackers (and their advanced fingerprinting techniques), but it costs £40 / $49.99 per year for a single Windows device.
What you will see here?
Before going any further, it’s worth noting that Norton 360 is divided into plans, starting with Standard, then Deluxe, and finally Premium.
The following functions are included in all editions, but Standard only protects one device, whilst Deluxe allows you to protect up to five devices and Premium protects up to ten.
- Malware protection in real-time.
- VPN with an unlimited number of connections.
- For Windows and macOS, a smart firewall is available.
- Manager of passwords.
- Backing up to the cloud (Windows only).
- Webcam security (Windows only).
- The promise of virus protection (when enabling auto-renewal).
- Tech help is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Only the Deluxe and Premium plans feature Parental Control, School Time, and Dark Web Monitoring.
- If cloud backup appeals to you, keep in mind that the Standard package includes 25GB, the Deluxe package includes 50GB, and the Premium package includes 75GB.
Pros and Cons
- Perfect Anti-Malware: Since October 2016, Norton has been the only antivirus product to receive a perfect score in all AV-Test protection tests for Windows 10.
- It’s a breeze to create, save, and enter passwords using this excellent password manager. You can also log in quickly by using your fingerprint or facial recognition.
- Free service of Norton’s unrestricted VPN service. It’s also quick, safe, and anonymous, and it works with Netflix and torrents
- Great Parental Controls: Norton makes it simple to keep track of your children’s online activities and set boundaries to protect them.
- Anti-malware, password manager, browser protection, firewall, parental controls, limitless VPN, and more are all available on Windows.
- Anti-malware, password manager, online protection, firewall, limitless VPN, Dark Web monitoring, and more are all available on macOS.
- Anti-malware, password manager, online protection, unrestricted VPN, Dark Web surveillance, anti-tracker, and more are all available on Android.
- Unlimited VPN, browser protection, Dark Web monitoring, OS version checker, and SMS security are all available for iOS.
- Advanced yet intuitive: There are a plethora of advanced solutions available to security specialists. Norton also works well by default for beginners.
- LifeLock Identity Theft Prevention: Norton’s clients in the United States have access to a variety of identity theft protection tools.
- Norton guarantees 100 percent virus protection. If you ever find a virus that they can’t eradicate, you’ll get your money back.
- Norton does not use a single app for all of its capabilities. Although it is intuitive, it would be better if it were consolidated.
- Only Windows has a VPN kill switch: Norton’s VPN, like most others, lacks a kill switch on Android, iOS, and Mac.
- Identity Theft Protection is Only Available in the United States: Users outside of the United States receive Dark Web monitoring. However, the advanced capabilities are only available to consumers in the United States.
Norton 360 Deluxe for Windows
Norton is the most comprehensive security product on the market right now. It absolutely excels at everything. The anti-malware is amazing, the VPN is unlimited and included in the software for free, the password manager is excellent, and the parental controls are outstanding.
Is it ideal, then? No. The design of Norton is one of our pet peeves. The split between the MyNorton dashboard and the Device Security app is a little awkward.
Many other functions, such as Dark Web Monitoring, the Password Manager, and Parental Controls, are accessible through my.norton.com rather than the antivirus app. Norton’s design is a little disjointed when compared to McAfee’s.
But don’t be put off by this. It all makes sense when you think of the dashboard as a central platform from which you can access all of your security services rather than a single app from which you can control everything.
Finally, a cybersecurity tool is more akin to a Swiss army knife than a ball gown. It designs to house a variety of security features rather than dazzle you with its sex appeal. And if there’s one thing Norton excels at, it’s keeping you safe.
Norton 360 Deluxe for Mac
In comparison to its Windows counterpart, Norton 360 for Mac has fewer features. Nonetheless, when compared to any other Mac antivirus suite, it is a highly complete and capable antivirus suite. On macOS, we’re not aware of any brand that includes anti-malware, web protection, a firewall, an unlimited VPN, and a password manager.
Keep in mind that, while not included in the antivirus app, you can access the Dark Web Monitoring and Parental Controls by going to my.norton.com.
This may not appear to have a significant feature set when compared to Norton for Windows. Keep in mind, however, that no other antivirus program for Mac, except Norton, contains a comprehensive firewall and unrestricted VPN. As a result, even this limited feature set on macOS is already substantial.
Norton 360 Deluxe for Android
First and foremost, we miss Norton’s anti-theft feature, which was eliminated in 2019. Phones get frequently stolen. And, while few people should be on the lookout for thieves, having the ability to delete your phone remotely would be fantastic. This feature is still available on Android from Kaspersky, Bitdefender, and Panda.
Second, let’s say you want all of Norton 360’s capabilities on your Android device. You’ll need to get the 360 apps, the password manager app, the LifeLock identity app, and the parental controls app in that scenario. We understand why the functionality was separated among different apps; not every user would have access to all of them or desire to use them all.
What is a Norton VPN?
A VPN encrypts your internet connection and masks your IP address, which is the code that identifies your device on the internet. It accomplishes this by establishing an encrypted connection to a server from which you will access the internet. However, the technicalities are less important than the benefits.
According to Norton’s website, “Norton Secure VPN does not log information about where you go on the internet.” That’s fantastic. However, Norton’s no-log policy isn’t the most stringent we’ve ever seen. Norton, for example, may collect your IP address, device name and type, operating system version, language, and bandwidth consumption in aggregate. It does so in order to provide and improve service to you. Even if there are VPNs that collect less data, we wouldn’t be too concerned. You will remain anonymous since Norton does not track which websites you visit, what you download, or which apps you use. After all, it doesn’t matter if they know your IP address if it has nothing to do with your online activities.
Security and privacy features
Starting with Norton AntiVirus Plus, all Norton products include a two-way firewall, an unlimited password manager, and a file backup program. It also includes The company’s Safe Web browser extensions, which work with Internet Explorer, Edge, Chrome, and Firefox. The Isolation Mode of Safe Web makes the contents of recognized harmful sites read-only. Norton runs the browser session on a virtual computer when you log in to a banking site.
Norton 360 Standard included features like Norton Secure VPN. Unlike other antivirus providers, Norton does not entice you with a limited-bandwidth free trial before forcing you to pay for more — you get unlimited VPN data right away. As if you were a digital James Bond, you can mask your location or simply stream localized movies and sports as if you were in London or Mexico City. Although connecting to Norton’s VPN took an average of 6.5 seconds, the VPN’s encryption and routing cut our useful bandwidth in half.
Price of Norton 360 Deluxe
For $104.99, you can acquire a year’s worth of Norton 360 Deluxe, which includes five security suites and VPN licenses to use on your devices. After the first year, Norton’s VPN is $79.99 per year, and the parental control system is $49.99 per year, so the pricing of this suite appears to be quite reasonable. Webroot’s cross-platform suite costs $79.99 for five licenses, while Trend Micro Maximum Security costs $89.95 a year for five, however, neither of these products nor most competing products, provide the same comprehensive security coverage.
The best antivirus software is Norton 360 Deluxe. It lives up to its name by combining device security, online privacy, and identity protection: it’s a complete 360-degree security solution for your digital life. In terms of design, there is some space for improvement. On Android, iOS, and macOS, the VPN could have a kill switch. But we discover the extent of the flaws.
Because of its free VPN and stronger password manager, Norton is more comprehensive. Norton is in a class by itself on Android, macOS, and iOS. It is without a doubt the most comprehensive security solution for those operating systems.