From Italian history to new technology, Omnia is an environment that encompasses Sonus Faber’s ideals and traditions. A wireless system that embodies an organic architecture of technological ambitions. However, our quest is motivated by connection, the most fundamental human bond – the link to life. Sonus Faber introduces Omnia, a modern and powerful all-in-one active system to its lineup. Above all the system combines cutting-edge acoustic technology with Sonus Faber’s signature wood features, allowing it to blend easily into any home setting. In addition, Sonus Faber’s Natural Sound enriches living at home with loved ones in today’s fast-paced environment.
According to Sonus Faber’s chief design officer, Livio Cucuzza: “Omnia was a complete journey exploring Sonus Faber’s vast history but at twice the speed. With every project, my job is to tell the brand’s story – and with Omnia, the mission was the same, the process was just faster and went into more depth. In its new, more accessible category, Omnia will offer a taste of Sonus Faber’s 40-year history to thousands of new customers.”
What you will see here
Italian designer Franco Serbi formed Sonus Faber in 1983, and its speaker designs have always stressed high-quality wood. The Omnia isn’t Sonus Faber’s first all-in-one speaker system, but it’s a far more affordable option to the $10,000 sf16, which had satellite speakers linked to motorized arms that elevated from the base unit for playback.
The Omnia appears to be a far more useful speaker. The walnut-lighted top panel included on the unit at launch blends a particular Italian design flair that manages to seem both industrial and hand-crafted. Later this year, a variant with a graphite top panel will be available.
The Omnia also has two new Sonus Faber patented technologies: Senso and Crescendo. The former is a Senso interface that provides direct control of the Omnia by touch. On Senso’s top panel, illuminated lines show speaker mode, input, and volume.
Crescendo is a cutting-edge signal-processing device that boosts the sensation of dimensionality using two full-range side speakers.
- System: Stereo 4-way; DSP-optimized closed box system
- Drivers: 2x Soft Dome Tweeter, 2x Midrange, 2x Effect, 1x Woofer Power: 490W
- max. SPL: 108 dB at 1 meter
- Frequency response: 30Hz to 25kHz (@ -6dB)
- Inputs: HDMI Arc (2 channels), MM phono/Line
- Network: Ethernet (10/100 Mbps)
- Streaming: Apple AirPlay 2, Chromecast, Spotify Connect, TIDAL Connect, Roon Ready, Bluetooth AptX HD, SRC
- Finish: Walnut, Graphite
- Speakers: 2 x 0,75-inch silk-dome tweeter with neodymium motor system,
- 2 x 3-inch paper-pulp cone midrange driver, 2 x 1.75-inch Inverted dome cellulose pulp membrane with extended range and neodymium motor system, 1 x 6.5-inch aluminum cone woofer
- Power rating: 490W
- Mains supply: 100-120V, 220-240V, 50/60Hz
- Power consumption: Typical use: 18W, Standby mode: 3.5W, Deep sleep 0.5W
- Maximum sound level: 108dB SPL at 1 meter
- Frequency response: 30Hz to 25kHz (@abbey-6dB)
- TV inputs: HDMI ARC 2 channel
- Analog input: MM Phono/line-in
- Network connectivity: Ethernet (10/100 Mbps) and Wi-Fi dual band 2×2 802.11 b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz and 5.2GHz)
- In the box: Protection, remote control, power cable, Phono/Line to miniDIN Cable, Manuals
- Weight: 7.6kg
- Dimensions: 130mm x 650mm x 280mm (HxWxD)
Pricing & Availability
Sonus Faber’s Omnia wireless speaker will be available through authorized Sonus Faber dealers in the Walnut finish from the beginning of March 2022. A little later in the year, there will be a Graphite finish available. The Omnia will sell for $1,999 / £1,599 / €1,799.
SENSOTM is Omnia’s haptic-lit hardwood top panel. This touch-sensitive interface enables immediate system control. It also provides remote control through the included handheld controller and the user’s smartphone or tablet. The illuminated lines indicate Omnia’s mode, which streaming service is in use, which input is selected, and allow the user to raise or lower the volume.
- Light Blue – Tidal Connect
- Pink – Turntable Ready Phono Stage built-in
- Purple – Roon Ready
- Blue – Bluetooth
- Green – Spotify
- Yellow- Chromecast built-in
- Orange- HDMI
- White – Apple Airplay
Omnia provides a spectacular performance, with 490 Watts of power driving 7 Sonus Faber-optimized speakers, including CRESCENDOTM, a newly created new acoustic technology. Because of the creative use of the two full-range sides speakers, this innovative signal processing technology creates a deeper feeling of depth and immersion. It produces a clear wavefront that, thanks to room reflections, resembles a live performance.
A natural experience right in the comfort of your own home. Moreover, thanks to the Room Placement settings and EQ modes configurable on the web-based set-up page, Omnia can be tuned to function in any location.
Aside from its superb acoustics, the Omnia exudes a high-quality Italian design, with a real walnut top that looks totally stunning. This is a device that will compete with Naim’s Mu-so, and while it has a completely different appearance and lacks the Naim app, I believe the Omnia has its charms and a lovely sound that only a massive container like the Omnia can offer. The overall design will not appeal to everyone, but I believe the Omnia will entice consumers who are drawn to the unit’s distinctive style and the opportunity to experience Sonus Faber sound without the price and hassle of setting up a high-end system. And they could be captivated once they hear how amazing it sounds.
The Omnia succeeds where many wireless speakers before it have fallen short: innovative industrial design, simplicity of use, streaming connectivity choices, build quality, and consistently outstanding audio performance that makes you want to listen for hours.
To conclude that if you’re searching for something for your den, dining room, bedroom, home office, or kitchen. The Sonus Faber Omnia is a lovely sounding wireless loudspeaker that should be on your shortlist.