HDMI cables are far from fancy and don’t require tons of setup, but anyone who has tried to deal with TVs, A/V receivers, or soundbars knows how useful these cords can be. Without them, even watching a video on your TV can quickly become impossible.Although you probably won’t need to spend serious cash to get an HDMI cable, it’s still important to know which cables are high-quality and durable.
But First let us see What are HDMI cables? How and in what they are used? What should you look when you buy it?
What are HDMI cables?
HDMI, which stands for high-definition multimedia interface, supports the connection between a device such as a Blu-ray player or cable box and a flat-screen HDTV or projector. The cables are also used for audio equipment such as mixers, recording systems and speakers.
How do HDMI cables work?
HDMI simply takes DVI and adds an audio component, support for a different color space and a few other components all in a smaller connector.
Where are HDMI cables used?
HDMI inputs are typically found on HDTVs, projectors, and AV receivers. These can accept the HD signal that’s coming out of your cable box, game console, Blu-ray player, or media streamer and display it. Some devices have just one HDMI input, while others have more.
Types of HDMI cables
Let’s take a look at the various HDMI cable types that are available:
- Standard HDMI cable: It is exactly what you’d expect. It carries high-definition video and audio from a source device to the monitor, TV screen, projector, or similar display solution.
- Standard HDMI cable with Ethernet: It does everything that a standard HDMI solution – carrying HD video and audio between devices – while also serving as an Ethernet connection between those two devices. It is important to note that the devices at both sides of the connection need to be equipped with HDMI Ethernet Channel ports to make the solution work.
- Standard automotive HDMI cable: This is designed to meet the unique signal requirements in automotive vehicles. These wires do not feature Ethernet functionality, but do handle audio and video transmission.
- High-Speed HDMI cable: This is the cable to use when you want to support 4K resolutions, 3D movies, or similar advanced features. The high-speed HDMI cable is built to support these advanced technologies as well as deep color functionality.
- High-Speed HDMI cable with Ethernet: It provides everything you want from a high-speed HDMI cable, but also give you the dedicated data channel. The HDMI standard has been built with common-sense nomenclature, making it much easier to know what you are getting into when you invest in a cabling solution. At the same time, the diverse solutions on display within the HDMI framework are making the technology a cable of choice for a wide range of technology deployments.
How to choose the Best HDMI cable?
The main point to note is that HDMI is an evolving standard. There have been several versions including 1.0 through to 1.4 and 2.0 onwards. With each new version, new capabilities have been introduced. However if a piece of equipment has the latest version of HDMI it does not necessarily mean that it supports every feature, as it may not be relevant. Instead, look at the feature list. Normally the cables state the features they can support. With the latest HDMI versions supporting 4K video, and this is needed, then check the cable will support a sufficiently high release. However, if the cable is only required for a simple connection, then it should not matter too much.
There will be no picture quality difference between good and bad cables. There can sometimes be a difference in build quality meaning that the cables may be able to stand up to more use. Although if they are plugged in and let in sit then there should be no issue. The only issue is likely to be if they flexed and moved repeatedly. So you should fo for a good quality one instead of a cheap one.
Cable lengths of 0.6, 0.9, 1.5, 1.8 meters, and more are all available so there is a good choice. If the cable is to be installed and left, then there can be an argument for getting the shortest cable possible. In this way, it is not necessary to coil up the unwanted length leaving an unsightly coil. But make sure that any shorter cable will actually reach.
Longer cable runs:
Long runs are needed for HDMI cables. Cable lengths of ten meters and more are available. The simple passive cable technology will not work over a certain length. When a very long HDMI cable is needed, then it is necessary to have what is termed an active cable. That has an amplifier to boost the signal and equalize it in the long run.
HDMI connector size / style:
There are the three main types of HDMI connector that are in use: standard, mini & micro. Although there is the dual, Type B connector, this has hardly ever been used and Type E is for automotive applications. When buying cables, make sure that the correct connector types are chosen. The most common type if the standard to standard HDMI cable (Type A to Type A), but there are also mini-HDMI and micro-HDMI cables as well.
Let us see some of the most suitable HDMI cables with best user reviews.
AmazonBasics High-Speed HDMI Cable
- Allows you to share an Internet connection among multiple devices
- High-Quality picture, sound, and Ethernet in 1 cable
- Supports Ethernet, 3D, 4K video and Audio Return Channel (ARC)
- High-Speed HDMI cable
- Latest HDMI standards support bandwidth up to 18Gbps
- High-purity copper conductors improve signal integrity and minimize resistance.
- Gold-Plated Connectors for Superior Conductivity.
- Cable Length is 10 feet (3 meters)
- Lifetime Warranty.
- Connects Blu-ray players, Fire TV, Apple TV, PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Xbox 360, computers and other HDMI-enabled devices to TVs, displays, A/V receivers and more
- AmazonBasics High-Speed HDMI Cable
Capshi High Speed 18Gbps Cable
- Ultra High Definition (4K UHD) Video, Audio, and Ethernet.
- Gold Plated Connectors for exceptional quality.
- 100% Pure copper conductors.
- Triple Cable Shielding
- High Strenght Double Braided Nylon Jacket for durability.
- High-Speed 18Gbs Bandwith.
- Backward compatible with all HDMI versions.
- Supports Latest HDMI 2.0b Standard
- Supports 3D | HD 2K @ 1080p | QHD @ 1440p | UHD 4k @ 2160p (up to 60 Hz over HDMI 2.0 – HDMI 2.0).
- Lifetime Warranty
- Compatible with Blu-Ray Player, Apple TV, Xbox One, PS4, Roku, and laptops with HDMI output to 4K UHD TV, projectors, A/V Receiver, etc.
- Capshi 4K HDMI Cable 6.6ft
- High-Speed Data Capacity.
- Tinplate Metal Shielding and gold-plated.
- Corrosion-resistant connectors.
- Designed for all devices with HDMI 2.0 standard and backward compatible with HDMI 1.4, 1.3 & 1.2.
- Built with premium slim aluminum shell.
- High-quality nylon braided jacket.
- Certified by FCC, CE, PSE, and RoSH.
- Can withstand bend test of 10,000+ times without reducing cable flexibility.
- Flawless Transmission.
- 18 months warranty.
- Vanky 4K HDMI Cable 10 ft supports HDMI 2.0b including 18 Gbps, Mirror & Extend mode, Ultra HD 4K 2160p, HD 2K 1080p, QHD 1440p, HDCP 2.2, 48-Bit Deep Color, Audio Return(ARC), Dolby TrueHD 7.1 audio and Hot plugging.
- Vanky 4K HDMI Cable 10 ft.
Monoprice 115427 Certified Premium
- Supports the 21:9 cinema aspect ratio.
- Tested and certified by HDMI Authorized Test Centers
- Supports up to 32 audio channels and a 1536 kHz audio sampling rate.
- Full 18Gbps bandwidth with a high level of EMI resistance.
- Supports SA-CD, DVD-Audio, DTS-HD Master Audio, Dolby TrueHD™, and other high-definition audio standards.
- High-Speed HDMI cable.
- Supports Deep Color, up to 16-bits per channel, including Sony’s x.v.Color standard.
- Supports all HDMI resolutions up to 4K (3840x2160p @60Hz), including 3D and Multi-View video.
- Monoprice HDMI cable
ZESKIT HDMI cable
- Thinner and softer cord for easier installation.
- Ultra HD High-Speed Cable.
- Certified connectors.
- Exceeds the requirements of the latest international EMI standards.
- Ultra HD High-Speed HDMI Cable supports the 48Gbps bandwidth
- Reduce interference with wireless services such as Wi-Fi.
- Cable uses the Approved Category 3 Connector.
- 8K60, 4K120 & up to 10K resolution, Dynamic HDR, eARC, ALLM, QFT, QMS, VRR.
- Tested at an Authorized Testing Center (“ATC”)
- 48Gbps bandwidth for latest features HDR, HDCP 2.2 & 2.3, DTS:X, Dolby Atmos, Dolby Vision.
- 2 Years warranty.
- ZESKIT HDMI cable.
AINOPE High Speed 18Gbps HDMI 2.0 Cable
- speed up to 18Gbps of bandwidth and can be compatible
- Gold-plated connectors
- provides the best signal transmission.
- Backward compatible with earlier HDMI standards
- AINOPE HDMI cable reject flickering across your screen
- SR design have tested 20000+ bend test
- hdmi 4k cables have gone through and PASSED the brutal pet chewing test.
- Compatible with Blu-ray players, Fire TV, Apple TV, HDTV, PS4, PS3, Xbox one, Xbox 360, PC, AV Receiver, HDTV,beamers, projector, and many more.
- 12 month customer service.
- AINOPE 4K HDMI Cable 6.0ft
Conclusively, by observing and also distinguishing different HDMI cables, the iVANKY HDMI cable is one of the best. There are many reasons such as. It has High-Speed Data Capacity. Also, Tinplate Metal Shielding and gold-plated.Corrosion-resistant connectors. Plus Designed for all devices with HDMI 2.0 standard and backward compatible with HDMI 1.4, 1.3 & 1.2. And Built with a premium slim aluminum shell. High-quality nylon braided jacket. Most importantly Certified by FCC, CE, PSE, and RoSH.Also can withstand bend test of 10,000+ times without reducing cable flexibility and flawless Transmission. Also, it has the best price and it is Best Seller and Amazon’s Choice.
We would like to hear your reviews. Do comment and share. Also do subscribe to stay updated With All The Latest News, Offers, and Special Announcements.
*Prices was correct as on 10th June 2020