When you travel to a country where you are not fluent with the language having a language translation device will be very helpful. It will help you communicate with locals, ask for directions, and understand guides easily. Always look for a translator that supports two-way communication. This will help you to have a full conversation without waiting for individual phrases or sentences to be translated. However, an offline device is helpful when you need directions or help. Here is the list of the best language translation devices in 2020!
What you will see?
- Best Overall: WT2 Language Translator
- Pocket Translator: Pocketalk Language Translator
- Offline Language Translation Device: ili Instant Offline Translator
- Best Versatile Translator: Lincom Language Translator Device
Best Overall: WT2 Language Translator
You will have to wear the WT2 Language Translator instead of holding it. It translates in real-time so you can have an easy conversion even while walking. It has two wireless earpieces for you and the person you’re communicating with to wear. This makes conversations easier during activities and without having to face each other. And the best part is you don’t need to be connected to the internet to use it as it supports offline translation.
The WT2 recognizes 40 different languages, this includes Arabic, Greek, and Cantonese. It understands 93 different accents and has a translation accuracy of 95 per cent. There is an option for touch and speak mode in this device. This will let you speak and the translator will repeat the translated version out loud so more than one person can hear. Another great feature is that it will also send a transcript of the translation to your smartphone.
For this language translator to work, you must connect it, via Bluetooth, to your cellphone. But you don’t have to hold your phone for the WT2 to work. This device is expensive. But the convenience of conversing hands-free is worth the investment.
- 40 LANGUAGES + 93 ACCENTS: You can have a simultaneous 2-way translation in almost 85% of the world’s languages. This includes Chinese, English, French, German, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Telugu, Thai, etc.
- SMART WITH APP: The different modes in the device are Simul Mode: Hands-free communication, one person can talk continuously in a quiet environment and the other person can hear the translation continuously. Touch Mode: This mode is effective for noisy environments. Simply touch earbuds to speak and touch it again to translate. Speaker Mode: In this mode, only one person needs to wear an earphone. These three modes fit for different scenarios, including travelling, language learning, business communication and many more.
- UP TO 95% ACCURACY & ONLINE 1-3 SECONDS TRANSLATION: The earbuds can achieve up to 95% ultra-high translation accuracy for daily usage in different languages. This works best in good networking zones and an ideal conversation environment. It acquires strong external technical support from Google, Microsoft, iFlytek. It takes 1-3 seconds to complete voice recognition and translation, improving your efficiency of learning the language.
- SUPPORT IOS & ANDROID WITH WIRELESS BLUETOOTH CONNECTION: It works on both IOS11 and above, Android 7 and above, Bluetooth 4.2 and above. The earbuds are compatible with mobile phones of most major brands. It is easy to connect with iOS & Android operating system in seconds via turning on Bluetooth in APP. Also, no Wifi needed. Wireless Bluetooth connection allows fast and stable audio transmission for up to 20 feet.
- OFFLINE TRANSLATION & ATTENTION TO QUALITY: You will have to download the offline voice package. WT2 translator earbuds support offline translation from Chinese to other five languages including English, Japanese, French, Spanish and Russian in case of no network around. This translation-orientated translator doesn’t support to listen to music or make a phone call.
- Real-time translation
- Hand-free communication
- Recognizes 40 languages and 93 accents
- Offline translation
- Must be connected to a smartphone
Pocket Translator: Pocketalk Language Translator
Pocketalk is a two-way language translator. It understands 74 languages from 133 different countries which include several dialects of Spanish, Chinese, and English. Also, it understands jargon, slang terms, and profanities making the Pocketalk very accurate. You can also decide whether you want the device to speak or text the translation directly to you or the person you are speaking with. But, you will need a data plan for Pocketalk to work. When you purchase it you will get a two-year subscription.
This device is compact and you can easily carry it in your pocket. It uses a rechargeable lithium-ion battery that is included with the translator. The only problem with this device is the charge doesn’t last very long. But it does translate fast without a long pause or wait in between.
- Multi-language, Two-Way Voice Translator: When you travel to foreign countries it is difficult to communicate with someone who speaks a different language. You can do this easily with the Pocketalk Translator Device. Also, the voice translator device can translate up to 74 languages seamlessly. Thus allows you to build a deeper connection and fully immerse yourself in any situation.
- Built-In Two Year Data Plan: Travel and communicate confidently in 133 countries – Pocketalk’s built-in data plan translates conversations anywhere internet signal is available.
- Translation Accuracy: Swearwords, jargon and slang languages often contain cultural features and do not always have an equivalent translation in the target language.
- Dependable Real-Time Translator: Our translating device accesses translation engines as you speak to break down language barriers instantly and accurately.
- Compact design
- Recognizes 74 languages including multiple dialects
- Translates slang and swear words
- The battery doesn’t hold a charge for long
- Data plan subscription is required
Offline Language Translation Device: ili Instant Offline Translator
The ili Instant Offline Translator is a good device if you need an offline translation. It has been programmed with the most popular travel phrases and words. And it quickly translates these into one of three languages – Spanish, Japanese, and Mandarin Chinese. But, the problem is it won’t translate any of those languages back to English.
Also, you cannot adjust the volume of this device. So, if you are in a quiet area, you will be able to hear the translation clearly. However, it is not loud enough to be audible in crowded and noisy places. Also, the device is compact, so you can easily carry it in your pocket or into a purse or backpack.
- No Wi-fi Needed – When you are in a foreign place it might be difficult to find wifi. But the best thing is ili translator doesn’t require Wi-Fi. You can use it anywhere, anytime.
- One-way Translator – ili translator is optimized for one-way translation. So, it allows for quick communication and helps you dine, navigate, and shop.
- Support 3 languages – ili can translate from English to Spanish, Chinese and Japanese. But it does NOT translate from Spanish, Chinese, and Japanese to English.
- Optimized for Travel – It focuses on specific phrases for travelling. It has the most used sentences that have been added specifically for travellers such as yourself.
- No Wi-Fi needed
- Translates to Mandarin Chinese
- 1-2 second reaction time
- Easy to transport
- Only has three languages
- Doesn’t translate to English
- Volume isn’t adjustable
Best Versatile Translator: Lincom Language Translation Device
The Lincom translation device also acts as a hotspot in case you’re in need of an internet connection. It is also one of the most versatile translators. It recognizes 138 languages and translates them. Also, it is a two-way translation so you can have a smooth full conversation. If you’re in a foreign place and are not able to read a sign or a text in another language, the Lincom will help you. Also, it can translate photos taken with its camera. Even if you are without internet, it can translate 14 languages offline.
This translator has a screen, so it will both show and speak translated versions. It is a convenient device that sends text translations to a cellphone. And the best part is, it doesn’t need a SIM card or a mobile app to work. Though it will automatically update when connected to Wi-Fi. But, the only real drawback is that this language translation device isn’t hands-free.
- ACCURATE LANGUAGE TRANSLATOR DEVICE– It integrates the world’s leading AI translation engine Google, Microsoft, also support two-way smart voice translation. This device supports 138 languages and translates them. Also, 14 offline real-time translation, 43+ languages online photo translation.And, it is ultra-high translation accuracy for complicated sentences, translation accuracy rate can reach to 99%.
- PORTABLE INSTANT VOICE TRANSLATOR (<0.5S)– This instant voice translator has the fastest response time,i.e., less than 0.5 seconds (faster than a human translator). Fast processing speed is powered by MT6580 quad-core processor. And the portable voice translator is surrounded with a stereo array with smart noise reduction which enables high accuracy voice recognition from a distance in a noisy environment.
- HI-RES 3.0 INCH IPS TOUCH SCREEN & DUAL SPEAKERS– It has 3.0 inch 800×480 high-resolution IPS touch screen display translator. Also with two high-fidelity voice speakers. Also, the language translator is designed as pocket size and portable slim, lightweight durable premium enclosure.
- WIFI/HOTSPOT/OFFLINE/BLUETOOTH 4 WAY LANGUAGE VOICE TRANSLATOR– This language translation device supports multiple ways to go online & global wifi, hotspot or Bluetooth. Also, no need for a sim card, or to understand and download the app. You can start a real-time language translation immediately. And, Offline voice translation function, support languages like English, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, etc., for two-way translation (especially in emergency use).
- TRANSLATION WIDE USE– This translator has large capacity battery support standby time over 3 days, widely used in travelling, business meeting, learning foreign languages and the scenes for foreign signs/road signs, restaurant menus, etc.
- Show and tell translations
- Translates photos
- Offline translation of 14 languages
- Can be used as a hotpot
- Not a hands-free device
To conclude the discussion we can say that buying a language translation device is a costly investment. So you have to be sure about what you are getting yourself. You need to see if you want quick, accurate, lightweight, and easy to use in all situations, especially two-way conversations. For this, the WT2 language translator is the best choice because you don’t need to hold anything to carry on a conversation. It comes with two wireless earbuds. So, the person you’re speaking to can hear their translation at the same time you listen to yours.
This translator recognizes 40 different languages and 93 accents with 95 per cent accuracy. Another benefit of the WT2 translator is that it has a learning mode to help you learn a language a little better. However, you do need to connect this translator to your smartphone with the required app installed. But the best part is you don’t need to hold your phone for the translator to work, and it will continue working if you walk 20 feet away from your phone.
Which translator are you planning to buy? Tell us in the comments section below.