Apple has delivered watchOS 7.6.1 for Apple Watch. This is a minor update to the Apple Watch watchOS. You’ll be able to install watchOS 7.6.1 for more preferably- security updates. The update, they delivered before had a security issue. You can download the watchOS 7.6.1 update through the inbuilt Apple Watch app on the iPhone by going to General > Software Update. To introduce the new software, the Apple Watch needs to have something like a 50% battery, it should be put on a charger, and it should be in the scope of the iPhone.The watchOS 7.6.1 update incorporates significant security updates and it is suggested for all users. An Apple security support archive demonstrates that the update fixes a memory issue that might have been effectively taken advantage of, so Apple Watch users should upgrade straightaway.
Download and install watchOS update
- Make sure you keep you iPhone updated with iOS 14 or later.
- Also make sure to connect your iPhone to Wi-Fi .
- Now visit the Watch app.
- Ensure you charge Apple Watch to essentially half charged , then connect to the magnetic charger .
- Hit My Watch tab.
- Hit General.
- Then hit Software Update.
- Hit Download and Install.
- Type iPhone Passcode when asked.
- Hit Agree for the Terms and Conditions.
- Hit Proceed on your Apple Watch. This will start your download.
- Type Passcode on Apple Watch.
The watchOS update gets downloaded. Also, it will be transferred to your Apple Watch and Apple Watch will reboot to apply the update. You can follow the advancement on the Apple Watch screen. And whenever it’s done, you’ll be good to go.
Some hacks to make your update fast and make it work if it doesn’t!
On the off chance that you’ve at any point been disappointed with what amount of time it requires to download and install an update for your Apple Watch, you should realize that you could possibly accelerate the cycle by winding down Bluetooth at the right second.
While it is conceivable that the means beneath could turn out great, if that you time this wrong by any stretch of the imagination, it could bring about genuine ramifications for your installation and your Apple Watch overall. In case you’re sure about your capacity to time this all effectively, you can attempt this strategy at your own danger. Once more, we would exceptionally alert you against doing this, as it could mess major up with the update.
- Type your Apple Watch or iPhone passcode when asked.
- Visit Settings on your iPhone after you are given a gauge for the time staying in your watchOS download on the Software Update page.
- Hit Bluetooth.
- Hit Bluetooth switch to turn and make it to off – the white position.
- Then visit the Watch app on your respective iPhone.
- Hit Cancel .
- Visit Settings on your iPhone , just next after the Install button gets available . This is at the below part of Software Update page.
- Hit Bluetooth.
- Hit the Bluetooth switch and toggle it to make it green.
- Then visit the Watch app.
- Hit Install.
Make sure you are updated with the latest version of iOS
You’ll have to update to Apple’s most recent version of iOS before a watchOS update will appear in the Watch app, which, indeed, implies venturing out on the two devices (the equivalent goes for beta software). On the off chance that you can’t install watchOS 7.6.1, this is the primary spot you should check.
Apple Watch supporting watchOS 7
watchOS 7 is just supported on Apple Watch Series 3 and above. On the off chance that you have a unique Apple Watch (Series 0), Apple Watch Series 1, or Apple Watch Series 2, you can’t update and install to watchOS 7.6.1.
It’s likewise worth checking to ensure you’re on Wi-Fi and your Apple Watch is perceiving your iPhone.
- Visit the Settings app on your respective iPhone.
- Hit Wi-Fi.
- Do double-check even Bluetooth , to make sure it is on .
- Swipe up to raise Control Center on your Apple Watch. On the off chance that your iPhone is associated, you’ll see a green Connected pennant at the top point of the screen.
Still not working? Attempt to force quitting the Watch app on your iPhone and restarting your Apple Watch.
- Hit the Watch app on your iPhone.
- Twofold press the Home button to raise the performing various tasks interface on iPhone devices with a Home button or swipe up from the lower part of the Home screen on iPhone devices with Face ID.
- Swipe up on the Watch app . This will just close it.
- Hold the Side Button on your respective watch.
- Make sure to Power Off.
Unpairing and repairing
On the off chance that neither of the over two stages worked, it’s an ideal opportunity to draw out the huge weapon: unpairing and re-pairing your Apple Watch.
Unpairing your Apple Watch will consequently back up the greater part of your data, yet you might lose admittance to specific perspectives, similar to your Apple Pay cards. You’ll likewise have the Watch removed from Find My iPhone, and Activation Lock will be disengaged.
When the Apple Watch has completed its restore cycle, you’ll be good to go — as a component of the restore interaction, your Apple Watch should stack the most recent watchOS update.
Regardless of whether you’re updating to the most recent update of watchOS or considering a beta install, it’s in every case great to have troubleshooting steps close by on the off chance that things go crazy. While everything ought to — and normally does — go without a hitch, now and again, these essentially don’t update or install the manner in which you’d anticipate. In some cases, it’s a connection issue. In some cases, it’s a verification error. But in some other cases, it will not reboot.