With the release of iOS 14.4, Apple has provided a small update. This supports smaller QR codes with the built-in QR code scanner, Bluetooth accessory classification, and sever bug fixes. Here is how to download and install iOS 14.4 on your iPhone:
What you will see?
- What’s new in iOS?
- How to install iOS 14.4 update using Software Update on your iPhone?
- Install update using your Mac
- How to install iOS 14.4 update over the developer or public beta?
What’s new in iOS?
January 26, 2021: Apple releases iOS 14.4
This is a relatively minor iPhone update from Apple which fixed a number of bugs and has a few small new features. Also, with this update, the QR code scanner on iPhone can recognize smaller QR codes. You can select a classification (like headphones, car stereos, and hearing aids) for Bluetooth accessories in Settings. There is more for all the iPhone 12 users, they will now also get notifications when their camera can’t be verified as a new, genuine Apple camera, which would likely occur in the case of a third-party repair.
December 14, 2020: Apple releases iOS 14.3
The iOS 14.3 is a major update from Apple. It brings Apple Fitness+ and AirPods Max support for all iPhone users. Also, for iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro Max users, it brings ProRAW. Also it includes Privacy information on the App Store, and several bug fixes too.
November 19, 2020: Apple releases iOS 14.2.1
The iOS 14.2.1 is a minor update which fixes a few major bugs. It corrected the problem that caused some MMS messages not to be delivered. Also, the problems in the iPhone hearing devices have been fixed. Moreover, the issue from the Lock screen on the iPhone 12 mini has also been resolved.
November 5, 2020: Apple releases iOS 14.2
With the iOS 14.2 update comes, Apple launches a number of new features, as well as several bug fixes. You will get over 100 new emoji and eight new wallpapers. Moreover, it now has support for Apple’s new Leather Sleeve MagSafe accessory for the iPhone 12 series, and the use of the Intercom feature in the Home app first introduced in the previous HomePod update. With the revamped AirPlay controls, you can now easily play something on an AirPlay device.
October 20, 2020: Apple releases iOS 14.1
The iOS 14.1 has several bug fixes, as well as the ability to play back and edit 10-bit HDR video in the Photos app on the iPhone 8 or later. Also, you get some widgets, sending an email, Music, and more fixed.
September 24, 2020: Apple releases iOS 14.0.1
iOS 14.0.1 is a minor update that fixes some bugs found in iOS 14. It fixes the issue which would reset your chosen default web browser and email apps back to Safari and Mail, respectively, once you rebooted the device.
September 16, 2020: Apple releases iOS 14
iOS 14 is the next generation of Apple’s iPhone software platform, with updates and new features. You will get new widgets to put on the Home screen. With App Library, you can organize your apps. There are also features like CarPlay improvements, and, if you didn’t download the iOS 13.6 update earlier this year, support for digital car keys.
How to install iOS 14.4 update using Software Update on your iPhone?
You can easily download iOS 14.3 over-the-air, directly on your device. It’s fast and efficient, here is how to install iOS 14.4
- Make sure you have a recent iCloud backup.
- Open Settings app from your Home screen.
- Tap on General from the menu.
- Click on Software Update.
- Tap on Download and Install in the tab.
- Enter your Passcode, if prompted while downloading.
- Tap Agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Click on Agree again to confirm.
The download will begin automatically. Although if not right away, you may see a notice: “Preparing to download.” After sometime the download will start.
Install update using your Mac
You can also update your device with your Mac. This could be a great choice if you have limited space on your device or software update isn’t working for whatever reason. Here is how to do so:
- Check if you have a recent backup. Make it encrypted so all of your passwords and other private data is preserved.
- Plug your iPhone or iPod touch in using your USB to Lightning or USB to 30-pin Dock cable.
- Under Finder, click on the device icon at the top left to go to the device tab.
- Click on Check for Update in the Summary pane.
- Select the Download and Update option.
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Enter the Passcode on your iPhone or iPod touch, if prompted.
How to install iOS 14.4 update over the developer or public beta?
Here is how to install iOS 4.4 update over the developer or public beta on your iPhone or iPad:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad
- Tap General from the menu.
- Click on Profiles from the General settings.
- Tap the iOS Beta Software Profile in the configuration.
- Select Remove Profile.
- Enter your passcode if prompted and tap Delete once more.
- Shut off your iPhone or iPad by holding down the On/Off button and using the Slide to power off slider.
- Restart your iPhone or iPad by holding down the On/Off button until you see the Apple logo.
Once you’ve removed the beta profile from your device, you can safely follow the update process as you normally would for an over-the-air-update.
The iOS 14.4 is a minor update from Apple to fix some bugs and with some new features. You can now scan small QR codes with the built-in QR code scanner and classify Bluetooth accessories(like headphones, car stereos, and hearing aids). You can easily download this update on your device by downloading the update directly and install it or install it through your Mac. This can be done if due to some reasons the update can’t be installed through your mobile.
If you have any questions you can ask in the comments section below.