With Home Sharing, you can do all kinds of stuff like sharing, streaming, and importing media from up to five PCs that are connected with your home Wi-Fi network. Home Sharing is a basic method to connect content between Mac computers and Apple TV. On your Mac or PC, you can utilize Home Sharing to see shared libraries from different PCs that are associated with a similar Wi-Fi network and signed in with a similar Apple ID. You can utilize Home Sharing to get to your media library across PCs that are on a similar Wi-Fi network. What’s more, you can stream music, movies, and TV shows starting with one approved PC then onto the next. Here’s how you can set up and Use Home Sharing on Apple TV.
What we will see here?
Set up Home Sharing on Mac
Before you can share substance to your Apple TV, you’ll initially need to turn on Home Sharing on your Mac Computer.
- Open iTunes on your Mac screen.
- Choose the File from the menu bar in the upper left corner of your computer’s screen.
- Choose Home Sharing.
- Click on the Turn on Home Sharing on your file.
- Enter the email address and password connected with your Apple ID.
- Click on the Turn on Home Sharing.
You would now be able to share content from your Mac on whatever other Mac or Apple TV that has Home Sharing turned on and is signed in with a matching Apple ID.
Set up Home Sharing on macOS Catalina
With iTunes split into the new Music, TV, and Podcasts applications on macOS Catalina, turning on Home Sharing works in an unexpected way.
- Open System Preferences on your mac.
- Click on Sharing icon.
- Enable Media Sharing from the left panel.
- Tick the checkbox next to Home Sharing Enable.
- Enter your Apple ID password if asked.
- Turn on Home Sharing button.
Your Apple TV can now see the libraries of both the Music and Apple TV applications. Remember, the Apple TV will just see those things that you have downloaded directly to your Mac.
On Apple TV -Set up Home Sharing!
Ensure the Apple ID you use to log into Sharing on Apple TV is a similar one you use on your Mac.
- Open the Setting app on your Apple TV.
- Select kthe Accounts button.
- Choose Home Sharing.
- Select on the Turn on Home Sharing option.
- Either enter the Apple ID that you use to turn on Home Sharing on your Mac or attest that the Apple ID related with your Apple TV .
- Enter the password connected with the Apple ID.
- Enter OK.
Discover content on Apple TV with Home Sharing
When your computer is connected with your Apple TV, you can get to content directly through the Computers app.
- Go to the Computers app on your Apple TV.
- Select a content category, similar to Movies, Music, or Photos.
- Hit the file to play or view.
In the prime of iTunes, Apple users put away their music, films, and TV shows on their Macs and imparted them to different Macs in their homes, just as their iPhones, iPads, and Apple TVs. Of late, in any case, streaming has become Apple’s favoured media utilization approach, because of the ascent of Apple Music and the way the Apple TV application totals video streaming administrations like Netflix.
Home Sharing is an exemplary Apple highlight for sharing nearby music and video across your home network. It works much as it generally did, yet this article discloses how to set up Home Sharing.