Batteries are devices users use for both their convenience and portability. They can perform many different functions. Batteries came into play due to the need to store generated electrical energy. A battery is a collection of one or more cells that go under chemical reactions to create the flow of electrons within a circuit. There is a lot of research and advancement going on in battery technology, and as a result, breakthrough technologies are being experienced and used around the world currently. Here we will discuss AA RECHARGEABLE BATTERIES. But let us first see what is a battery, its types and in which sizes are batteries available.
Battery cells are usually made up of three main components;
- The Anode (Negative Electrode)
- The Cathode (Positive Electrode)
- The electrolytes
Types of Batteries
Batteries generally can be classified into different categories and types, ranging from chemical composition, size, form factor, and use cases. But under all of these are two major battery types:
- Primary Batteries
- Secondary Batteries.
1. Primary Batteries
Primary batteries are batteries that cannot be recharged once depleted. The Primary batteries are made of electrochemical cells whose electrochemical reaction cannot be reversed.
Types of Primary batteries:
- Alkaline batteries.
- Aluminium-air batteries.
- Atomic batteries.
- Dry cell.
- Mercury batteries, etc.
2. Secondary Batteries
Secondary batteries are batteries with electrochemical cells whose chemical reactions can be reversed by applying a certain voltage to the battery in the reversed direction. Also referred to as rechargeable batteries, secondary cells, can be recharged after the energy on the battery has been used up.
Types of Secondary batteries:
- Nickel Cadmium(Ni-Cd)
- Nickel-Metal Hydride(Ni-MH)
|Primary Batteries (Non-Rechargeable)||Secondary Batteries(Rechargeable)|
|Aluminium Air||Nickel Cadmium(Ni-Cd)|
Different sizes of batteries
- 4.5 V battery.
- D cell.
- C cell.
- AA cell.
- AAA cell.
- AAAA cell.
- A23 battery.
- 9-Volt battery.
Moving on further, as we have already discussed batteries and their types and sizes, let us focus on our main topic – AA batteries.
AA battery have two variants:
(1) Alkaline AA batteries. (2) Rechargeable AA batteries.
What is AA RECHARGEABLE Battery?
The AA battery, also called a double A, perlite or Mignon (French for “cute” or “adorable”) battery, is a standard size single cell cylindrical dry battery. Such as wireless video game controllers, baby toys, wireless electronics and more. Devices that require the same voltage. So the rechargeable battery is a type of electrical battery that can be charged, discharged into a load, and recharged many times.
What are AA Batteries Used for?
AA batteries are most often used in wireless video game controllers, baby toys, wireless electronics and more. Higher current draw, are often designed to use larger batteries such as the AA battery type.AA batteries are generally used in more high powered items that require a great deal of current.
Why Choose Rechargeable Over Alkaline?
Disposable alkaline batteries feel like a ripoff. They’re expensive, they have a low capacity, and they can leak while in storage. So why not power your new devices with a set of rechargeable AA batteries?
What to look for in a Rechargeable Battery?
- Capacity-Alkaline batteries drain faster than rechargeable.
- Cycles– Rechargeable batteries slowly break down every time they’re used.
- Consistency-Cheaper rechargeable batteries tend to suffer from inconsistent capacities and lifespans.
- Self-Discharge-Rechargeable batteries slowly lose their charge while not in use.
Now that you know what you’re looking for in rechargeable batteries let’s get into it. Here are our favourite best rechargeable AA batteries.
AmazonBasics AA Rechargeable Batteries
- One 8-pack of AA rechargeable batteries 2000 mAh.
- Ideal for digital cameras, remote control, toys, and more.
- Long battery life gradual self-discharge maintains 70% capacity for 6 months and 50% capacity for 12 months
- Comes pre-charged and ready to use.
- It can be recharged 1000 times with minimal power loss.
- AmazonBasics 1-year limited warranty.
Energizer AA Rechargable Batteries
- 8 pack of Energizer AA rechargeable batteries.
- Also, Batteries come pre-charged and ready to go.
- Each battery can be charged up to 1000 times.
- One charge allows you to enjoy up to 5.5 hours of toy activity or 8 hours on your handheld gaming device.
- The World’s 1st rechargeable AA battery made with 4% recycled batteries.
- Extended Life Composition ensures up to 5-year usable battery life under typical usage.
EBL AA Rechargeable Batteries
- 4 pack of EBL AA Rechargeable Batteries.
- Super Capacity 2800mAh AA rechargeable batteries.
- Low self-discharge batteries will remain 90% when you leaving it for no use 1 year.
- Also can be Recharged up to 1200 times.
- Ideal for toys, remote controls, PDA, flashlights, alarm clocks, shavers, audio players, and more.
- Biggest Save, Best product but lowest price and high efficiency.
- It also works with All Chargers.
Duracell AA Rechargeable Batteries
- 4 pack of Duracell Rechargeable AA 1300 mAh Batteries.
- Duracell Rechargeable AA 1300 mAh batteries stay charged for up to 12 months, when not in use.
- Can be recharged up to 100’s times.
- Also Batteries come pre-charged, ready to use.
- Use for regularly used devices like a wireless mouse, Toy, and wireless gaming controller.
- Also, works with any NiMH charger.
Panasonic Eneloop pro AA Rechargeable Batteries
- 4 pack of Panasonic Eneloop pro AA Batteries.
- AA 2500mAh Ni-MH Eneloop Pro Batteries.
- Also can be recharged up to 500 times.
- Come with pre-charged, ready to use.
- Maintain 85% of their charge up to 1 year when not in use.
- Designed for high drain devices.
BONAI 2800mAh AA Rechargeable Battery
- 8 pack of BONAI NI-MH AA rechargeable batteries.
- Batteries can be charged up to 1200 times.
- Also, Batteries come pre-charged and ready to use.
- This batteries suit for common 1.2v product and partial 1.5v product, can not work on rated 1.5v products.
- Ideal for baby toys, remote controls, digital cameras, 2-way radios, flashlights, alarm-clocks, etc.
- It also works with All Chargers.
Thus, in conclusion, Batteries have become an essential part and parcel of our life. Without Electrical gadgets, life wouldn’t survive. The best option for AA Rechargeable Battery is AmazonBasics AA Rechargeable. You get twelve batteries and it also Maintains 80% capacity for 24 months. Comes pre-charged and ready to use. In addition to that, they can be recharged upto1000 times. One more supremacy added to Amazon Basics, they are recyclable and can be recycled. Therefore, a healthy environment-friendly option out there. Not all batteries sold come with this privilege. Also AmazonBasics 1-year limited warranty. And hence, these are some basic reasons we find Amazon Basics quite an affordable and moderate option on the list.
Any feedback you can give us on this would be greatly appreciated. If we can be of any further assistance, please let us know. If we can be of any further assistance, please let us know. Do like, comment, and share. Best Regards!
*Price was correct as on 26th May, 2020