Batteries are devices users use for both their convenience and portability. They can perform many different functions. Batteries came into play due to the need to store generated electrical energy. A battery is a collection of one or more cells that go under chemical reactions to create the flow of electrons within a circuit. There is a lot of research and advancement going on in battery technology, and as a result, breakthrough technologies are being experienced and used around the world currently. Here we will discuss AAA RECHARGEABLE BATTERIES. But let us first see what is a battery, its types and in which sizes are batteries available.
Battery cells are usually made up of three main components;
- The Anode (Negative Electrode)
- The Cathode (Positive Electrode)
- The electrolytes
Types of Batteries
Batteries generally can be classified into different categories and types, ranging from chemical composition, size, form factor, and use cases. But under all of these are two major battery types:
- Primary Batteries
- Secondary Batteries.
1. Primary Batteries
Primary batteries are batteries that cannot be recharged once depleted. The Primary batteries are made of electrochemical cells whose electrochemical reaction cannot be reversed.
Types of Primary batteries:
- Alkaline batteries.
- Aluminium-air batteries.
- Atomic batteries.
- Dry cell.
- Mercury batteries, etc.
2. Secondary Batteries
Secondary batteries are batteries with electrochemical cells whose chemical reactions can be reversed by applying a certain voltage to the battery in the reversed direction. Also referred to as rechargeable batteries, secondary cells, can be recharged after the energy on the battery has been used up.
Types of Secondary batteries:
- Nickel Cadmium(Ni-Cd)
- Nickel-Metal Hydride(Ni-MH)
|Primary Batteries (Non-Rechargeable)||Secondary Batteries(Rechargeable)|
|Aluminium Air||Nickel Cadmium(Ni-Cd)|
Different sizes of batteries
- 4.5 V battery.
- D cell.
- C cell.
- AA cell.
- AAA cell.
- AAAA cell.
- A23 battery.
- 9-Volt battery.
Moving on further, as we have already discussed batteries and their types and sizes, let us focus on our main topic -an AAA battery.
AAA battery have two variants:
(1) Alkaline AAA batteries. (2) Rechargeable AAA batteries.
What is AAA RECHARGEABLE Battery?
An AAA or triple-A battery is a standard size of dry cell battery. Commonly used in low-drain portable electronic devices. AAA batteries are most often used in small electronic devices. Such as TV remote controls, MP3 players, and digital cameras. Devices that require the same voltage. So the rechargeable battery is a type of electrical battery that can be charged, discharged into a load, and recharged many times.
What are AAA Batteries Used for?
AAA batteries are most often used in small electronic devices, such as TV remote controls, MP3 players, and digital cameras. Devices that require the same voltage, but have a higher current draw, are often designed to use larger batteries such as the AA battery type.AA batteries are generally used in more high powered items that require a great deal of current. While, AAA is used in smaller items that require much less power and that which are typically portable.
Why Choose Rechargeable Over Alkaline?
Disposable alkaline batteries feel like a ripoff. They’re expensive, they have a low capacity, and they can leak while in storage. So why not power your new devices with a set of rechargeable AAA batteries?
What to look for in a Rechargeable Battery?
- Capacity-Alkaline batteries drain faster than rechargeable.
- Cycles– Rechargeable batteries slowly break down every time they’re used.
- Consistency-Cheaper rechargeable batteries tend to suffer from inconsistent capacities and lifespans.
- Self-Discharge-Rechargeable batteries slowly lose their charge while not in use.
Now that you know what you’re looking for in rechargeable batteries let’s get into it. Here are our favourite best rechargeable AAA batteries.
- AAA rechargeable batteries are 800 mAh.
- Ideal for digital cameras, remote controls, toys, and more.
- Extremely gradual self-discharge.
- Maintains 80% capacity for 24 months.
- Comes pre-charged and ready to use.
- Also recharged 1000 times with minimal power loss.
- AmazonBasics 1-year limited warranty.
- The batteries can be recycled when they no longer hold a charge to find a recycling location near you.
- 4-pack of Energizer Recharge Power Plus 700 mAh NiMH AAA batteries.
- So Come Pre Charged and Ready to Use.
- Also Delivers long-lasting power.
- Frequently used in devices, like digital cameras, gaming controllers, and toys.
- One charge allows you to enjoy up to 2.5 hours of toy activity.
- The World’s 1st AAA battery made with a 4% recycled battery.
Duracell AAA BATTERY.
- Designed for use in video game controllers, wireless electronics, baby monitors, and more.
- Work in any NiMH charger.
- You can recharge them up to 100 times.
- Also quite an affordable option.
- So Comes pre-charged, ready to use.
- Unused Duracell AAA batteries 5 years warranty.
- Also stays charged for up to 12 months, when not in use.
- Pre-charged with solar power and can be used immediately as a normal battery.
- It can be recharged up to 2100 times.
- Also Extremely low self-discharge.
- It can replace conventional batteries in all devices.
- Work with any NiMH chargers so you Can be charged.
- 1100mAh Ni-MH high capacity.
- So you don’t need to worry about the endurance of your devices.
- Also long life up to 1200 cycles.
- Convenient and also more affordable than alkaline batteries.
- Come with the storage case.
- They not only protect the batteries but also keep them tidy and safe.
- Use the DBCK steel shell, a nickel plating process, and special diffusing heat treatment technology.
- It makes it a high tensile property and dense crystal structure for the surface.
- Hence, protects the battery from leakage.
BONAI NI-MH Batteries .
- 8 X Bonai Triple A 1.2V rechargeable batteries.
- Longer life in a high drain device compared to normal alkaline batteries.
- High performance.
- Up to 1,200 rechargeable cycles.
- Also, comes pre-charged partially.
- But it’s better to fully charge each battery before first use.
- Also high use and up to 5-year usable battery life under typical usage patterns.
Thus, in conclusion, Batteries have become an essential part and parcel of our life. Without Electrical gadgets, life wouldn’t survive. The best option for AAA Rechargeable Battery is AmazonBasics AAA Rechargeable. You get twelve batteries and it also Maintains 80% capacity for 24 months. Comes pre-charged and ready to use. In addition to that, they can be recharged upto1000 times. One more supremacy added to Amazon Basics, they are recyclable and can be recycled. Therefore, a healthy environment-friendly option out there. Not all batteries sold come with this privilege. Also AmazonBasics 1-year limited warranty. And hence, these are some basic reasons we find Amazon Basics quite an affordable and moderate option on the list.
Any feedback you can give us on this would be greatly appreciated. If we can be of any further assistance, please let us know. If we can be of any further assistance, please let us know. Do like, comment, and share. Best Regards!
*Price was correct as on 13th May,2020.