The TP-Link RE305 Wi-Fi extender is a good substitute solution for fixing Wi-Fi not-spots in one or two rooms. It brings the Wi-Fi dead zone to life with strong Wi-Fi expansion at a combined speed of up to 1.2Gbp. Moreover, it operates over both the 2.4GHz band(300Mbps) and 5GHz band(867Mbps) for a more steady wireless experience.
It gives you an intelligent signal light that helps to find the best location for ideal Wi-Fi inclusion by showing the signal strength. And also works with any Wi-Fi router or wireless access point. The TP-Link RE305 is an affordable and dual-band Wi-Fi Extender for a customer. It is compact and easy to plug in and set up. Moreover, it has an Ethernet port for connecting wired devices.
What we will see here?
Plug Type: EU, UK, US
Button: WPS Button, Reset Button
Item Dimensions: LxWxH 3.07 x 3.03 x 3.15 inches
Item Weight: 0.16 Kilograms
Data Transfer Rate: 1200 Megabits Per Second
Wireless Communication Standard: 802.11n, 802.11b, 802.11a, 802.11ac, 802.11g
Features of TP-Link RE305
- Stable Dual Band Wi-Fi Extension
- To Bring Dead Zones to Life
- Rapid Dual-Band Wi-Fi for Better Connections
- Effectively extend your Wi-Fi Coverage
- Ideal Location at a Glimpse
- Built-in Access Point Mode
Flexible Placement in TP-Link RE305
The device’s small size and wall-mounted design make it simple to send and move flexibly. Furthermore, the RE305’s profile work remembers previously paired wireless networks, meaning there is no need to reset the device while changing the paired router, you can just turn off and plug it anyplace to extend the wireless signal.
With a help of an Ethernet Port, RE305 can work as a wireless adapter to connect wired devices like
- Gaming consoles
- Blu-ray player
- Internet TVs.
Easy Management and Remote Control
Use any mobile phone to easily get to and manage different features, including the LED Control capacity’s Night Mode, which permits you to enjoy a more quiet night’s sleep.
Design of TP-Link RE3905
The TP-Link RE305 WiFi Range Extender is a tiny little guitar pedal-shaped box that plugs into a spare mains socket. It features two external antennas which flip straight up, a huge WPS button on the top, and four status LEDs for power, connection with your router, and whether it’s broadcasting on one or both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz radio groups.
Under is a single Ethernet port (10/100Mbps RJ45) so you can connect desktop PCs, PCs, games consoles, etc. While it’s little and occupies little space, there’s no passthrough for mains electricity here, so whichever socket you interface the RE305 to will be utilized exclusively for that Wi-Fi extender.
Price and Availability
TP-Link RE305 is available on
Pros and Cons
- TP-Link Tether app is also available
- It has a compact design
- Doubles as mesh satellite
- Also, it is available in the affordable price range
- Poor 5GHz range
- No mains passthrough
Performance of TP-Link RE305
The RE305 works with all Wi-Fi routers. Also, you can use TP-Link’s free Tether app to set up the range extender from any Android or iOS device in minutes. This feature-rich phone app allows you to enjoy not only hassle-free installation but also access to advanced network management, all at your fingertips.RE305 is more than a wireless range extender. Basically, plug the Ethernet cable into its Ethernet port to effortlessly transform your wired internet connection into a dual-band wireless access point.
Setting up the TP-Link RE305 is simple and easy.
- Firstly, you’ll get two choices available to you: use the TP-Link Tether app for iOS and Android, or use the web UI to make everything up and running, whichever is more convenient for you.
- Once you’ve connected the RE305 into a mains socket in a similar room as your router, it’ll start the pairing procedure. You can do this through WPS, or manually.
- Afterward, you’ll be approached to make a login/administrator password for the RE305, separate from the one you make for your router, and when done you’ll be asked to pick from a list of nearby wireless networks to ‘extend’.
- Find yours, select it, and afterward enter your wireless network’s password. You’ll have to do this two times, once for the 2.4GHz signal, and once for the 5GHz signal, regardless of whether you haven’t gotten your position up to communicate two different SSIDs.
- And then at the point when that is finished, you can then securely install the RE305 in the room it’s required.
- Lastly, the TP-Link Tether application will provoke you to do this before giving you a congratulatory message.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the range of RE305?
The TP-Link AC1200 Wi-Fi Range Extender RE305 is a concise extender with upholds dual-band Wi-Fi support and an Ethernet port for wired connectivity. It won’t fare well in homes beyond 2,000 square feet, however, it’s a worth estimated extender that can be depended on at shorter ranges.
What is device RE305?
The RE305 is a small wall plug device that features Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS), supportive LED status lights, two rotatable external antennas, and a dual-band network. Moreover, it has a Fast Ethernet port instead of a Gigabit Ethernet port.
Is RE305 a mesh?
The RE305 supports called TP-Link OneMesh which means it can act as a mesh Wi-Fi satellite when paired with a TP-Link router which likewise supports a similar OneMesh innovation.
What is the OneMesh network?
OneMesh intelligently connects mobile devices to your router or extenders, whichever gives the best connection. The OneMesh router and extenders share a single Wi-Fi name so you stay connected with your network in each room.
The TP-Link RE305 is an affordable and effective Wi-Fi extender, however, like a lot of devices in this cost range, the main drawback is the limited 5GHz range. The 2.4GHz execution is OK both with concerns to speed and coverage. It’s also very simple to set up and procedure, because of the Tether app, and support for OneMesh is a pleasant worth adding as well.