You can add photos, videos, sketches, and even scanned documents to the Notes app on iPhone and iPad. Here’s how. The Notes application on your iPhone and iPad isn’t just for typing out text or to-do lists. You can also add photos, videos, sketches, and even scanned documents, turning it from a simple note-taking tool into something that can fill a lot of different note-taking requirements, be they from the average iPhone owner to dedicated power users. Here’s the way to add photos, videos, scans, and sketches to Notes for iPhone and iPad, Add photos to notes iPad.
What we will see here?
- Add photos and videos in Notes
- Delete photos and videos in Notes
- Scan a document to a note in Notes
- Add a sketch to a note in Notes
- Read more!
Add photos and videos in Notes
The Notes application allows you to add photos and videos to your notes, either from your photo library or by taking another picture or video.
- Launch Notes on your iPhone or iPad.
- Make sure you are in the folder you want your note to be in.
- Tap New Note in the bottom right corner.
- Tap the Camera button on the toolbar above the keyboard.
- Select either Take Photo or Video or Photo Library option.
If you choose to capture a new photo or video:
- If you chose Take Photo or Video, select whether you want Photo or Video
- Enter the Capture button.
- Tap Retake if you want to try taking a better photo or video.
- Tick Use Photo (or Video) if you want to use what you captured.
Choose to import from Photo Library:
- Select the photos or videos that you want to add to your note.
- Enter Done.
Delete photos and videos in Notes
- Open Notes on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on the note that has the photo you want to delete.
- Tap and hold on the photo or video in question.
- Enter Delete.
Don’t stress. This won’t remove the photo from your Photo Library.
Scan a document to a note in Notes
Notes can scan and store documents utilizing your iPhone or iPad’s camera. Here we will see about Add scans and sketches to Notes on iPad.
- Select Notes on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tick Create New Note in the bottom right corner.
- Tap the camera button above the keyboard when it comes up, or tap the white space to bring it up.
- Select Scan Documents.
- Tick Auto in the upper right corner to toggle between automatic document capture or manual document capture.
- Tap the filter button (looks like three overlapping circles) to select a color option: Color, Grayscale, Black & White, and Photo.
- Enter the Flash button to toggle the LED flash on for better images in low-light situations.
You’re in Automatic Document Capture
- Hover your device over the document that you want to scan so that becomes highlighted yellow. Your iPhone or iPad will automatically scan it once it is close enough.
- Repeat the process if you need to scan multiple pages.
- Tick Save when you’re done.
If you’re in Manual Document Capture
- Hover your device over the document that you want to scan until it is highlighted yellow.
- Tick the Capture button.
- Drag the circles in each corner to adjust if necessary.
- Press Retake if you need a new scan.
- Tap Keep Scan to add the scan to your document.
- Repeat the steps as necessary for multiple pages.
- Enter Save.
Add a sketch to a note in Notes
Adding a sketch to notes is an great method to get an idea down, help illustrate your text, or simply have a some fun drawing on your iPhone or iPad. Sketches should be done with simply your finger, or if you want to be more precise, an Apple Pencil with compatible iPad models works wonders. Here’s the means by which to begin with the sketch tools in Notes.
- Select Notes from your Home screen.
- Tap the New Note button in the bottom right corner.
- Tap on the white space to bring up the keyboard.
- Enter the pen in the circle to bring up your sketch-pad drawing options.
Since you’ve accessed to the sketching tools in Notes, the sky’s the limit! We have a more in-depth guide on how to utilize each sketch tool in Notes, so try to give that a look.
The Notes app allows you to add photos and videos to your notes, either from your photo library or by taking a new image or video. Launch Notes on your iPhone or iPad. Make sure you are in the folder you want your note to be in.Select either Take Photo or Video or Photo Library option.
In the Notes app , you can attach photos, videos, and scanned documents. You can even add info from other apps—maps, links, documents, and more.