Family Sharing not only lets you share iTunes and App Store purchases, but it also makes your usage quite easier. You can track all the devices in your family with the help of Find My iPhone. So next time your friend can’t find her iPad or dad leaves his iPhone at his workplace, anyone in your family can help find it! You can use Family Sharing with Find My iPhone ,if you can’t find your iPhone or looking for a family member!
How to set up Family Sharing
Before you can use Family Sharing with Find My iPhone, you’ll need to set up the Family Group first.
- Launch Settings on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on your iCloud account banner at the top (with your name).
- Tap on Family Sharing.
- Choose the first feature that you want to share with your family.
- In this case, you need to select Location Sharing.
- Select Invite Family Member, and then send an invitation through iMessage, in person, or create a new child account.
- If you’re on iOS 10 or earlier = You’ll just need to tap on Get Started and then follow the on-screen instructions to invite family members.
- iOS 11 and later = Also has the option to invite someone in person.
- You can repeat the process of inviting a family member for up to six people.
How to track an iPhone or iPad with Find My iPhone and Family Sharing
For this, you’ll need to have the Find My iPhone app installed. With this you can track devices in your Family Sharing group. If you don’t already have it, you can download it for free via the App Store. Each device must also be running iOS 8 or higher and support Family Sharing.
The only other specification is that everyone’s devices must have agreed to the Find My iPhone access to be tracked. You can do this by following these directions on each iPhone and iPad:
- Launch Settings from your Home screen.
- Tap your Apple ID banner at the top.
- Tap iCloud.
- Tap on Find My iPhone.
- Tap the switch next to Find My iPhone to turn it on .It will appear green as soon as it turns on.
You need to repeat the above process, if you want to add your each iPhone and iPad you’d like to show up in Find My iPhone through Family Sharing.
How to track a family member’s device with Find My iPhone
- Launch the Find My iPhone app from your Home screen.
- Sign in to your individual iCloud account.
- Tap on any device in order to receive more information and track it — your own devices show up at the top, followed by everyone else’s.
- Tap Play Sound if the person isn’t sharing their location. Their iPhone will make a shrill beeping sound. You can also tap to lock the device or erase it.
To conclude, we recommend you to use Family sharing whenever you are swirled u on finding your iPhone , or just even to track your Family members more conveniently. If you have any more queries regarding the above ,feel free to contact us .You can jot down your query in the comment box below. Also, do like, share and subscribe. Regards!