How do you record your gameplay on iPhone or iPad? Here’s how to do it — and how to keep your kids from filling up your Camera Roll with screen recordings! Apple’s Game Center not just gives third-party apps leaderboards and multiplayer options, it also offers gameplay recording features. In the event that the application you use supports Game Center’s Replay Kit, you can record your screen and microphone during gameplay to share it with friends, or stream it online to make some cool “Let’s Plays..”
What we will see here?
- Record your screen with iOS 11 for iPhone and iPad
- How to record your gameplay with iPhone or iPad
- How to record your gameplay on iPhone or iPad with an unsupported game
- Disable screen recording for games using Restrictions
- How to disable screen recording for games by signing out of Game Center
- Read more!
Record your screen with iOS 11 for iPhone and iPad
iOS 11 has made it even simpler to record gameplay by allowing screen recording at whenever throught Control Center. You should simply add screen recording to your Control Center enabled functions.
- Go to Settings from your Home screen.
- Tap Control Center
- Select Customize Controls.
- Tick Screen Recording.
Presently you can pull up the Control Center at whenever and start recording what’s on your screen. All the recordings videos will save to your Camera Roll automatically when you stop recording.
How to record your gameplay with iPhone or iPad
Not all games support ReplayKit — here’s a good list of games, but in general, we recommend reading App Store descriptions to check whether your number one title supports screen recording.
- Open a ReplayKit-compatible game.
- Find the screen recording feature. (It usually shows up as a camera icon on the main screen.)
- Tap the screen recording icon.
- Press Record Screen (or Record Screen and Microphone, if applicable) when prompted to allow the game to record.
- Play your game.
- Press the Stop button when finished.
How to record your gameplay on iPhone or iPad with an unsupported game
In the event that your game doesn’t support ReplayKit, you can in any case record your screen you have a Mac nearby by using QuickTime Player.
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to your Mac via Lightning cable.
- Open QuickTime Player.
- Go to File > New Movie Recording.
- Click on the Down Arrow next to the Recording button and select your iPhone under Camera.
- Enter Record.
Disable screen recording for games using Restrictions
In the situation, that your kids spend too much time playing certain games, or you don’t need your kids inadvertently filling up your iPhone with HD game recordings, you can easily turn off screen recording from the Restrictions screen on your iPhone or iPad. Here’s the secret to Record gameplay on iPhone!
- Launch Settings from your Home screen.
- Tap General.
- Scroll down and tap Restrictions.
- Tap Enable Restrictions if you haven’t done so already.
- Enter a passcode — make sure it’s not a passcode your children can guess. Enter it again to confirm.
- Tap the switch next to Screen Recording under Game Center, all the way at the bottom.
Screen recording is now disabled during gameplay, and the icon won’t show in the game.
How to disable screen recording for games by signing out of Game Center
On the off chance you don’t want to set up Restrictions on your iPhone, there’s another method to prevent screen recording: Sign out of Game Center. In case you’re not signed in with your Apple ID, there’s no option to record gameplay.
- Launch Settings from your Home screen.
- Tap Game Center. You’ll have to scroll about halfway down.
- Enter your Apple ID at the top of the screen.
- Tick Sign Out.
You will now be signed out of Game Center and should sign in if you want to use Game Center when playing games.
In Record gameplay on iPhone Gamers are always curious to know the ways to record the impressive gameplay hours so that they can share their unique moves with friends online. Market is loaded with game recording softwares but selection for them is little difficult for beginners. It is not possible to record all games with Replay Kit but still the great news is that it can work with most of the popular games. If you want to know whether your particular game supports Replay Kit or not ten prefer to check its details on App Store.