Apple’s iPhone is performing really well with cutting-edge performance, premium design, and range of features. Apple’s iPhone 8, launched back in Sept 2017, is performing really well except one factor, which is battery performance. After one year of complete use, iPhone 8 battery isn’t offering peak performance. There’s why you need to buy a replacement battery. We’d like to share a few quick, but important facts about iPhone 8 replacement battery with you right now before we proceed with the reviews:
- Apple’s original batteries are designed to go through 500 charge cycles
- Battery problems are quite common as your phone ages
- In some cases, when the battery wears out, the phone also slows down
What is a replacement battery?
A replacement battery is a type of battery for use in place of an existing battery. It gives the same or similar operating and performance characteristics. Apple has been on the spotlight for silently crippling their phone batteries through frequent iOS updates. Of course, the idea is to force you to give up your valued iPhone 8 and instead go for one of their new variants. Fortunately, with an iPhone 8 replacement battery, you can breathe new life into your device.
Why do you need a replacement battery?
If you’ve had your iPhone for awhile you may have noticed that it doesn’t last on one charge as long as it used to or that it’s slowed down considerably. Sound familiar? Well, it might be time to change your iPhone battery. Apple recently acknowledged that their lithium-ion batteries gradually lose their ability to maintain a full charge over time. After 500 charge cycles, the battery capacity can drop to 80% or even lower. At that point your iPhone may intentionally slow itself down in order to prevent your aged battery from failing. So to prevent all this one need a battery replacement.
How to know if your battery needs to be replaced?
Click here to see how to check your battery performance
Settings > Battery > Battery Health. On this page, you will see a quick overview of your battery’s health via its “Maximum Capacity” and “Peak Performance Capability”.
“Maximum Capacity” is a measure of the battery’s capacity relative to when it was new. A brand new phone should read 100% and will reduce over time; the lower the percentage, the faster your battery will deplete on one charge.The “Peak Performance Capability” measure is more of a ‘Good’, ‘Not-so-good’ or ‘Bad’ scenario. If your phone reads “Your battery is currently supporting normal peak performance”, you are in the clear – your battery is up to par and there is nothing you need to do. On the other hand, if you see “This iPhone has experienced an unexpected shutdown… Performance management has been applied…” it’s a sign that your battery is experiencing some significant wear.
Note: There are some abbreviations used in the blog which might be difficult to understand. Down below are full form and a short definition for you’ll to have an easy understanding
- UL: It stands for Underwriter Laboratories, a third-party certification company that’s been around for over a century. They certify products with the aim to make the world a safer place for both workers and consumers. UL testing makes sure that wire sizes are correct or devices can handle the amount of current they claim to be able to. They also ensure that products are constructed correctly for the highest safety.
- ROHS: It stands for Restriction of Hazardous Substances Directive. Basically it certifies that there are few/no materials in a product that is on a list of known-toxic materials. Probably the biggest impact of this is the removal of lead-based solder from most recent electronics.
- FCC: It stands for Federal Communications Commission. It is an agency of the United States federal government that was created to regulate all forms of telecommunication inside of the U.S. Including radio, television, digital cameras, Bluetooth, wireless devices, and a broad gamut of RF electronics. If it is an FCC certificate, it means the product has been tested to comply with FCC standards and it has been approved.
- CE: It stands for Conformité Européenne(French for “European Conformity”). It is used to show a product meets the requirements needed to be sold in Europe. The specific requirements for the mark vary depending on the nature of the product.
What you should keep in mind when looking for the best iPhone 8 replacement battery?
- Compatibility – Make sure that you check the compatibility of the battery with your iPhone 8 and not the iPhone 8 plus. And even coming down to iPhone 8, there are different variants.
- Capacity – For iPhone 8, you should get a minimum 1821mAh or slightly above that, but not below! option. You should not avoid checking the capacity of the battery, along with performance.
- Installation – it is good to buy a complete battery replacement kit. This way, you can easily follow the installation manual to get a quick replacement on your own at home.
Therefore, it makes perfect sense to invest in the best iPhone 8 replacement battery on the market. That way, you can keep your device function in tip-top condition. We have listed some of the best trending replacement battery that you could go for.
LeeVee iPhone 8 Replacement Battery
This Replacement Battery is for iPhone 8 only A1863, A1905, A1906. Grade A+++ cells ensure longer battery life and high-speed, efficient charging. Plus 26% more power than the original battery. Also, the brand new 0 cycle. Built to last up to 500 charging cycles. Moreover FCC,CE,ISO9001/14001 and RoHS Certified. Tested under high-quality standards. Added very easy to install as for all the tools available in the package with instruction. Although 5 years Warranty, 24-Hour reply and 30 days Money Back.
- Step-by-step instructions
- Pentacle screwdriver
- Phillips screwdriver
- One Y-Shaped Screwdrive
- A Suction cup
- 2 x Adhesive Strips
DAXTROMN Replacement Battery
Designed for iPhone 8 ( Models A1863, A1905, A1906).Grade A+ battery, High Capacity 2200mAh, 21% higher power than the original battery. That results in more battery life, high-speed, efficient charging. Plus it has high safety from over-heating,over-charging, short-circuiting. Also brand New 0 Cycle and FCC, CE, and RoHS Certified. Mostly very easy to install and has a set of repairing tools in it. Moreover, 2 years Warranty and 30 days Money Back.
- 1 Battery
- 1 set of spare screws
- Set of Adhesive
- Metal Tweezer
- A Pentalobe(Five-Star) Screwdriver
- Philips Size Screwdriver
- Opening Tool
- Suction Cup
- One Sim Eject Tool
GoodFixer iPhone 8 Replacement Battery
Designed Only for iPhone 8 (A1863, A1905, A1906). This Grade A+ 3.82V 2200mAh High Capacity Battery Cells is UN38.3, MSDS, ROHS, and CE Certified. Plus it has ensured longer battery life. Brand new 0 Cycle, refuse refurbished. Built to last up to 500~800+ cycles. After the battery is installed inside the iPhone. GoodFixer suggests you full charge of 100%. Use the power to about 5% 3 times. Then the battery will become more excellent. Also It is very easy to install because of the installation manual kit.
- 1 iPhone 8 Battery
- 3 Screwdriver
- A Tweezer
- 1*triangle Opening Tool
- One Pry Opening Spudger and Spudger
- 1 Suction Cup
- 2 Adhesive Strips and
- 1 Waterproof Screen Adhesive
- 1 Installation Manual
YONTEX High Capacity Li-ion Replacement Battery
This battery is only compatible with the iPhone 8 model A1863, A1905, and A1906. It has 21% more power than the original battery. To prolong the phone service time, use the high capacity battery directly instead of shutting down some apps all the time. Plus it is a brand new 0 cycle. An internal IC chip that prevents any kind of harm to the battery. Above all FCC, CE, and RoHS Certified. Also very easy to install with all the repairing tools and set of instructions. Moreover, 24-hour reply, 30-day money-back, 24-month warranty.
- 1 High Capacity Battery for iP 8
- Set of Adhesive
- Metal Tweezer
- A Pentalobe Screwdriver
- One Philips Size Screwdriver
- Opening Tool
- Suction Cup
- Sim Eject Tool
- 1* Screen Protector
OCKERED iPhone 8 Replacement Battery
Manufactured in 2020 brand new battery with 3400mAh high capacity. Also 10% more power than the original battery. Plus the product is certified by CE / RoHS / FCC safety. Moreover Internal IC chips available that prevent the battery from every kind of harm. It is tested by a professional machine 3 times before shipping. Plus very easy installation due to tools that are available in the package with a set of instructions. They give 24-Hour Reply, 30-Day Money Back, 24-Month reissue.
- Video guide step by step
- 1 high-performance battery (iPhone 8)
- Phillips screwdriver
- A pentagram screwdriver
- Triangular screwdriver
- 2x Hard plastic electrode
- 1x glue set
- suction cup
- 2x Lever
- 2x set of adhesive tapes
Vancely Battery for iPhone 8
Designed only for iPhone 8. This quality battery 2040mAh with a brand new 0 cycle. Plus it is built to last up to 500+ cycles i.e. more battery life. Also each battery is UL, CE, FCC, and RoHS certified. More importantly integrated smart chip to avoid overcharging, excessive discharging, and overheating, for safer to use. Moreover, very easy to install as per all tools and instructions available. They provide 24-hour assistance, 30-day reimbursement, 24-month warranty.
- step-by-step instructional video guide
- high-performance battery （IPhone 8)
- cross screwdriver
- pentagram screwdriver
- triangular screwdriver
- 2x hard plastic pick
- 1x glue set
- 1x suction cup
- 2x crowbar > 1x tweezers
- 2x sets of ribbon
What to do before and after installing
Click here to see !
Please read the instructions carefully before installing the battery. Otherwise, it may damage the mobile phone. Plus if you want to replace the battery more easily. Then relevant videos of replacing the battery on YouTube are highly recommended. Before you begin, discharge your battery below 20%. Moreover, if you are unable to turn your phone on after installed. Please try to reconnect the battery connector and charge the phone. At the first beginning, the battery will drain quickly. This issue is caused due to the li-ion of a new battery is unstable. It will become normal after long-term use. Also to use the battery longer, please use up all the energy of the battery until your phone shuts down automatically. Then charge it for up to 10 hours, repeat this 3-5 times. Thus the battery can be reached the optimum effect of using.
Which one should you choose?
Most people go for the best price with best mAh and high quality and high safety. In short, they go for a one in all replacement battery. If that’s the case, go on for OCKERED High Capacity Li-ion Replacement Battery. Plus it gives a 10% increase in power than the original battery. Plus has imported IC chip. Also, it is FCC, CE, and RoHS Certified. More importantly, it has a 24-month warranty and with the best price and it is amazon’s choice.
*Price was correct as on 16th May 2020.